Sunday, October 17, 2010

2010/10/04-07,11-14 - lazy blogger

I haven't kept up with this bLog the last couple weeks, but there's not much to tell anyway. I've mostly just been working on my usual assortment of projects.

  • I finished a v2v refactor moving the CLI interface over to littleware's lgo infrastructure, and adding Clint's -halt and -continue flags. Clint kicked off an import last week, and it looks like it runs like a charm.
  • I sent Jon Armbruster a link to a prototype data-submission form for the cyprinella morphology repository. After a little back and forth we added a few more requirements for the submission to support. I'll work on that next week.
  • After Claudine finishes her pass over the ACES data I think we'll be set to import that collection into the repository.
  • We met with Troy from fisheries who has a document collection he'd like us to index into vufind. It looks like that will be easy for us to do - Troy will send us an XML data file, and we'll run that through our XSLT pipeline. There was a little bit of "should we do this" goofiness that the librarians had to talk themselves through, but I was able to avoid most of that.
  • Along the same lines - there was some nervous collapse in the vufind committee, who decided it's outside their "charter" to test vufind integration with article level search. The librarians will probably form yet another committee to consider article level search.
  • I'm going to check with Tony next week about setting up podcast feeds for some of the video he's posting to vimeo. That should be easy to do, but Tony might prefer to only stream the content rather than make files available for download. We'll see.
  • I also need to touch base with Kathie Mattox at the honors college next week. It's getting close to the end of the semester - does she still plan to allow honors students to deposit into the online thesis repository ?
  • We reviewed the 20 submissions for the library programmer position, and narrowed the list down to 10 phone interviews. They're all good candidates, but I'm not excited about hiring more staff at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment