Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2010/11/15-18,22-23 - Happy Turkey Day!

It has been a good couple weeks. I've managed to stay out of trouble, and everyone is looking forward to Thanksgiving. I also managed to get a few things done. First, we imported Claudine's pamphlet collection into our DSpace repository. Jon installed the Solaris freeware xpdf package on repo, which allowed me to enable the dspace support for pdf-thumbnails, and Tony helped fix the layout problems that popped up when the thumbnails came online. I also imported the collection metadata into the vufind index on devcat with our vufind-OAI harvest tool and this xsl.

We interviewed a couple good candidates for the systems department position. The poor candidates each endured three hours of meetings, and we interviewed two candidates in a day, so it was exhausting for everyone. Two more candidates to go next week.

I checked in a couple vufind patches. One patch adds a link to a record's holdings screen that auto-populates the AUBIExpress (illiad) request form. The other patch fixes the call-number refinement in the search facets that I broke a while ago replacing AJAX facets. I think Clint will probably get the ok to release the patches next week.

Finally, I was able to setup authentication with dspace credentials for the minnows data-submission webapp. This bLog post has more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment