Sunday, January 23, 2011

2010/01/18-20 Hurray 4 MLK

I love short weeks, and MLK day is my favorite holiday, so it was a double good week. I worked on a few tasks this week. First, I began building the new vufind dev server. Solr is up and running fine, but I ran into some problems trying to upgrade to Smarty 3 - I'll work on that next week.

I met with Jon Armbruster on Thursday to review the minnows project. The meeting went well. I'm going to try to tie up some loose ends next week, and arrange a training session with Jon and his students the week after, so they can begin testing the data-submission and approval workflows. We're shooting for an April 1 release for internal review.

I fixed a couple bugs in a library that underlies the circulation-request project. I also want to work on circ-req next week. I need to add e-mail support, enable staff-group based security, flesh out the request metadata, show notes in the UI, and add support for "lost trace" requests.

Finally, Aaron is my new boss this year as I've been moved into the systems group as part of the tech service reorganization. I attended my first "systems department" meeting on Wednesday. I'll try to remember to get an update on Aaron's request for clearance to open source some of Clint's code. If the lawyers don't reply to Aaron by next week, then I'll suggest that we send an e-mail to tell the lawyers what we're doing, and to let us know if they have a problem with it. I'm sure they don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment