Thursday, May 20, 2010

2010/05/19-20 - Glenn to retire

The big news from Thursday's monthly staff meeting is that Glenn will retire in August. Glenn is a great guy - hope he has fun.

Otherwise I've just been multitasking between a few things. Jon and I rolled out the AuCataloging update yesterday. Everything seems to be working ok. I'm going to try to flip the click-counter data-view over to a PrimeFaces datatable, and do away with the existing custom YUI-table code that now throws errors in Chrome and Safari.

Clint and I met to merge in his Voyager-to-Vufind tool patch that fixes a record-format handling bug. I also just finished adding a log file to track bib ids that fail to transfer into VuFind - usually because Oracle goes down for reboot in the middle of the night.

Finally I exchanged a few e-mails for the Repository project. We're going to try to meet with Kathy from the Honor's College next week. Amy in the Business Office also indicated that we can include Auburn's annual reports in a collection, but she hasn't replied yet to a follow up e-mail I sent. I'll also touch base with Boyd next week on the LADC senior projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment