Sunday, September 26, 2010

2010/09/20-23 - ouch!

I sprained my ankle Wednesday morning when I planted my foot on some uneven ground as my three dogs took after a rabbit, so I spent Thursday at home on the couch, but it was still a productive week. Monday morning I presented the OAI-to-vufind tool I've been working on to several people. Marliese will now take care of maintaining our Content-DM digital library collections in Vufind. Liza heard about the OAI tool on Tuesday, and we were able to harvest records into Vufind from the NASA server she's interested in. She'll get back to me eventually to let me know if she wants to begin setting up some harvests of government documents into our Vufind install or not. I'll need to enable command-line options for OAI harvest, so we can setup cron jobs to automatically harvest new records every week or so.

Otherwise I did various small things this week as usual: patched a bug in Vufind to work aound some bad data in Serial Solution's link-resolver, setup a test for EBSCO's article-level search web services for Marliese, worked through some more of the ACES collection spread sheet, argued with Aaron over Institutional Repository plans, and did a little work on for the Minnows morphology project.

No comments:

Post a Comment