Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2010/01/25-26

Jack assigned me a task to build MARC export files from our Voyager catalog processed for import into the EBSCO discovery service that the library is beta testing. This ebsco-export program is very similar to the voyager-to-vufind tool that I worked on last year.

I'm combining the ebsco-export development with code to integrate the AuCataloging code base with the littleware library that I also maintain.

I set aside the Solaris virtual-machine build and some pending ETD server bugs util next week. I did allow myself to get sidetracked today, and read some web pages describing SAMBA's support for DFS. I verified that DFS works on our devcat linux server; works like a charm. Samba's DFS support could help support a content-management system. I'll look into it some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment