Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2010/02/01-02

I just checked in code implementing the core Voyager to EBSCO export logic for the ebsco-export tool. I'll test the code tomorrow, then build a Swing UI. If all goes well, then I'll publish ebsco-export on Thursday. I'm running behind!

--- Jack Fitzpatrick 1/25/2010 9:44 AM ---
 Reuben,
As we discussed, will you please work on a script to pull copies of all bib records and holding fields to ship to EBSCO for the EDS project?  I'm thinking along the lines of a monthly update of the whole catalog, that you'd do, and weekly incremental updated that I'll take care of.  Both processes need to compile the same data. So here's how I'm doing the incremental updates. If you would, please write your script to conform with mine. 
Incremental updates for EBSCO EDS:

My initial list is made up of unsuppressed bib records that have at least one holding record.

Start with the raw bib record as found in our catalog. My script checks to make sure that at least one hold record is unsuppressed. If that's not the case then we don't want to send that bib off to EBSCO.

1)Remove any 710s with indicators "02". 

Examples:
710:02: $aMICROFORM INVENTORY PROJECT
710:02:$aQEJP $bPEJ

2)Remove any 773s with indicators "18"

Examples:
773:18: $tqdatabase 
773:18: $a qej http 

3) remove any bib record tags greater than or equal to 856

4) Add the following hold record tags to the end of the bib record: 852, 856, 866, 867, & 868


Thanks,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment