Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2010/02/22-23 mod_auth_ldap and vufind switcher

This week is a short week at the library for me as I head to California on Wednesday, but I got a few things done. First, I helped Jon reconfigure one of the library web servers to use mod_auth_ldap to restrict access to the internal staff web pages. That took a while - first to figure out the apache configs, then to figure out the right A.D. group to restrict access to. It all worked out in the end though - which is a relief after all the work.

I also helped Tony test some new javascript for toggling the library's homepage search-box between aubiecat and VuFind. Bugzilla ticket 34 has more details. Once again we managed to get things working after banging our heads for a while.

Finally, I got some work done migrating my code to use the ivy build system. I want to make our ebscox tool available to EBSCO and other libraries, and moving to IVY will hopefully simplify the code build process. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment