Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2010/03/08-09 Tool Exchange

I'm still polishing up the AuCataloging code, but the code is back in a running state with updates for scala-2.8, java EE 6, and a new IVY build process. I've setup separate build-projects for voyager-to-vufind (v2v), ebsco-export (ebscoX), and the shared auLibrary, and published the code to a Google Code repository. I'll try to move the click-counter and ETD tools currently bundled with auLibrary out into their own build projects over the next week too.

I helped Clint setup a v2v build and test environment yesterday, so he can work out a bug where the vufind import does not properly label our e-journals with a "journal" format facet - the e-journals only show up under the "electronic" facet now. I'm pretty happy Clint is looking at the v2v code - I was a little worried that I was the only one that knew how to work with it.

I still need to update the AuCataloging webapp to use an IVY build process, and I want to setup build rules that bundle web-start and downloadable versions of the v2v and ebscoX tools, so we can easily publish those apps online for other libraries and EBSCO to use. I'll work on that tomorrow.

I would also like to port the AuCataloging webapp JSF code to use java ee6 facelets and annotations, then retire the current ee5 JSP code. We'll have to update our app-server to the new Glassfish v3 server to use EE6 api's. I moved a non-library JSF project to EE6 on glassfish-v3 last week, and I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment