Thursday, March 11, 2010

2010/03/10-11 coding quietly

It has been a quiet couple days at the library. Yesterday I attended Beth's presentation on the Content-DM to VuFind export/import process. The process Beth and I worked out involves several steps and running some command-line tools from a Linux ssh session. That was fine for Beth and Clint, but it's going to be annoying for Midge or Marliese to have to deal with that. We'll have to write some little GUI tool to manage the process after the dm-data.xml and dm-data-convert.xsl files are ready.

Aaron and I have exchanged a few e-mails with Rod and Dana at Tuskegee. Tuskegee plans to experiment with a DSpace repository, and I'll probably lend a hand with the software install and setup.

Otherwise I've been plugging away at the AuCataloging refactor. I just checked in a patch, so that all our regression tests now pass, and the AuCataloging webapp has an IVY build process. I still need to finish up the build for the webapp, but by the end of next week I hope to point EBSCO and the VuFind e-mail list at the AuCataloging code repository, web-start apps, and a download zipfile with ready-to-run binary apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment