Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010/03/29-31 - advocate for library repository

I've made a little progress on my task list over the last few days. First, I setup our devcat vufind test server to access a Solr server on repo.lib.auburn.edu. I suspect that we'll see some improvement in VuFind performance with Solr running on a physical disk rather than on the VM virtual disk. The repo box also has a ton of memory and runs 64 bit Solaris, so we can configure Solr to access a 3GB java heap rather than the 2 GB maximum on our 32 bit Linux install.

I also dusted off the repository server we setup for Claudine's ag-paper project. I sent an e-mail to Bonnie asking again to ask the Honor's College and School of Architecture if they're interested in setting up online collections for honor's theses and architecture senior projects. Bonnie hasn't replied to me yet - ugh!

Finally, I began to add task-tracker infrastructure to the littleware API. I would like to use littleware to back the reference-question statistics system that I want to work on with Marcia. We will also be able to use the task-tracker to manage data for the click-counter, cat-request, and user-feedback systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment