Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2010/03/15-16 Voyager upgrade

Monday and Tuesday were quiet days in cataloging this week as Auburn's Voyager system has been offline for an upgrade to version 7.2.

I finally posted a web-start version of the ebscoX tool on Google Code. I sent the e-mail below to Marliese and the libdev group with the details. I continue to work on the code underlying ebscoX and vygr2vfnd to make the tools easier to use and maintain. I'm also patching vygr2vfnd to directly use the ebscoX MARC-filter code. I hope to release an update to both tools next week.

I've also exchanged a few more e-mails with Rod and Dana at Tuskegee. The basic plan is to setup Tuskegee's Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server to host a hyper-v Windows virtual machine guest that runs DSpace repository software. Rod is going to verify that their server has the hardware virtualization support that hyper-v requires. Adam and Jon are already helping work things out.


--- Reuben Pasquini 03/15/10 11:29 AM ---
Hi Marliese,

If you still want to point EBSCO at our Voyager-to-Ebsco export tool,
then I finally posted the latest version of the EbscoX export 
tool to google code:
        http://code.google.com/p/littleware/

Just click on the "EbscoX" link (
      http://ivy2maven2.littleware.googlecode.com/hg/webstart/ebscoX.jnlp 
) to launch the application.

I'll try to improve the user interface over the next month or two.
The interface is pretty clunky, and the user needs to setup
a special properties file with the connection information for his/her
Voyager Oracle database.  I can help you do that for our database if
you want to give it a try.

There are brief instructions on the site if they want to download the code.
I'll write up something with more details one of these days.

Cheers,
Reuben

No comments:

Post a Comment